Monday, March 8, 2010

French Macarons

Yesterday I spent an hour or two in the kitchen trying to make French macarons. But the result was not as good as expected. I guess I have to practise a little bit more...
I used the following recipe:
http://www.davidlebovitz.com/archives/2008/09/making_french_macarons.html
But for the filling I simply took chocolate breakfast spread. And I didn't use cocoa powder for the dough but a liquid strawberry flavour. But that made the dough quite fluid and I couldn't form nice circles. They tended to run out and get quite flat. So next time I need to add either more almonds or a little bit of starch to make the dough stronger.
But the taste was still quite nice so not a total waste in the end and even Mr. Lebovitz had to do it a few times before they turned out right...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails